Terms and Conditions - Maldives Half Marathon 2023
Half Marathon - 21.0975KM - Ages:18+
Fifteen K - 15KM - Ages:10+
Tough Ten - 10KM - Ages:10+
Fun Run - 5KM - Ages:6+
KidsMile 3.2KM - Ages: 15 and below
KidsMile 1.6KM - Ages: 15 and below
KidsMile 800m - Ages: 5 and below
Inline Skating - 5KM - Ages:6+
Inline Skating - 1KM - Ages: 6 and below
Wheelchair Race - 5KM - Ages:6+
Registration & Payment
- All participants must register through the registration process, either through a registration website or by visiting a physical registration booth before registration deadline.
- Participants must be fully aware of and understand the full risks involved in their participation in the race, in regards to possible damages, or harm to their health.
- Registration forms of participants below 18 years must be submitted by the parent/person exercising parental responsibility. By submitting the relevant entry form, the consent of the parent/person exercising parental responsibility for the participation of the child in the event is assumed.
- Every runner participates in the event at his/her own free will.
- Every runner participates in the event on his/her own responsibility and bears full responsibility as to his/her fitness condition and ability to participate.
- Changes on confirmed registrations (change of race category etc.) are allowed
- Before end of Normal Registrations with a fee of MVR 50.
- Before end of Late Registrations with a fee of MVR 150.
- Last minute change of race category is not allowed. If a runner wants to change race category, they can choose to re-register for the race if slots are available.
- Race category fee difference will be paid depending on the registration fee on the date of change request. (If an early bird registration is asked to change during late registrations, fee of late registrations will be considered.)
- Upon confirmation of the registration,
- No refunds are allowed under any circumstances.
- No further change regarding the selected t-shirt size of the runner is allowed.
- If participants declare that they do not wish to take part in the sports event or - for whatever reason - do not start, there is no right to a refund or reimbursement of the participation fee. The same applies to exclusion or disqualification of participants.
- Participants agree that their personal data are given to third parties for reasons related to timing, results' ranking and announcement on the internet. Personal data of the participants required during the registration procedure are stored and will be used for purposes related to the staging of the event. By submitting an entry form, each participant consents to the storing of his/her personal data and its use for the purposes of the event.
- Participants consent to the use of their image during, before and after the race and Maldives Running Expo by the organizers, sponsors, or other partners of the event for promotional purposes, with no right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
- The amount paid for specially designated sporting events in 2023 to cover the costs of organising and preparing the sporting event against the background of the unforeseeable consequences including Covid-19 pandemic, without which the sporting event would not have been feasible for us, will not be refunded.
- By agreeing to current Terms & Conditions, the participant consents to his/her photos being taken by the event's photographers and the Official Photo Agency of the event. The event is being filmed, recorded and exploited by means of online, television, film, video, printed or some other broadcast or media format. The participant agrees to the use and reproduction of his/her name, likeness, appearance and photograph. All such commercial rights in relation to the above belong entirely to event organizers and the participant has no proprietary rights in relation to any film, photograph or other such recorded media, nor right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
Changes to Race Schedule
- Maldives Half Marathon and all events are organized in partnership with government authorities. Changes to race schedule may happen due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Events takes place on the day and time that has been announced as such, regardless of weather conditions. Organizing Committee of the event has the right to decide on the postponement of the start time or the cancellation of the event, depending on the current conditions. In such cases, the registration fee is NOT refunded to the registered runners.
- Organizing Committee of the event has the right to change the event’s schedule, the terms and conditions regarding participation and staging of the event, without prior notice, by posting such a decision on the website/social media channels.
Race Registration Dates
Super Early Bird Registrations (September 20th 2022 to October 20th 2022)
Early Bird Registrations (October 25th 2022 to December 30th 2022)
Normal Registrations (December 31st 2022 to February 8th 2023)
Late Registrations (February 10th to March 1st) - Registration will close once slots are full. Late registrations will get race tee shirt sizes based on availability, race tee shirt size selected is not guaranteed.
Race Expo Registrations - If there are slots at Maldives Running Expo, registration will include only bibs.
All physical races: (exceptions apply)
1. Race Bib.
2. Race Tee.
3. Digital Booklet.
Virtual races: (exceptions apply)
1. Digital Race Bib.
2. Race Tee.
3. Digital Booklet.
Physical Race Finishers:
1. Finisher Medal.
2. Digital Finisher Certificate.
Half Marathon Finishers:
1. Finisher Tee (only for runners who register before end of Normal Registrations(February 8th).
Half Marathon finisher tees are issued only at the physical race. This is not included with virtual run.
Virtual Race Finishers:
1. Physical Finisher Medal.
2. Digital Finisher Certificate.
Race Kit Collection - Physical Race
- Race kits are personally collected by the registered runners and only from Maldives Running Expo during the times announced.
- A registered runner may authorize another person to collect his/her race bib on his/her behalf from the event’s Registration Centre & Maldives Running Expo, as mentioned above, presenting an authorization by the registered runner on the responsibility, of the latter, as well as a copy of the ID card or other legal identification document (for example passport, driving license) of the registered runner.
- In order to collect race bibs and race kits, it is required, in addition to presenting ID card or other legal identification document (e.g. passport, driving license) of the registered runner, to also present a copy of the “confirmation e-mail” , Confirmation SMS OR Digital Race Bib that is sent to all registered runners via irunnersevents website.
- Race bibs and kits that are not collected during the operating days and hours of Maldives Running Expo, will not be issued under any circumstances thereafter.
Race Kit Collection - Virtual Race
- Virtual Run Dates are from March 11th to March 30th.
- Virtual Runners who choose delivery will get their items through mail after race day. Delivery can take 2-3 weeks depending on the service provider.
- Virtual Run is available for the following categories only.
- Half Marathon 21.0975KM
- Tough Ten 10KM
- 5K Fun Run
- Virtual Run
- Participants are obliged to strictly follow the instructions of the organizers, volunteers, and event’s staff, including calls to abandon the course and stop the race.
- Any breach or non-compliance with the race regulations announced by the event organizers will result in the disqualification of the participant from the event and erasure from the race results without any kind of compensation.
- The race bib is personal and may not be conveyed, transferred, or be given to another runner under any circumstances.
- Participants are obliged to read and respect the instructions provided by the Organizing Committee of the event, either electronically, or in printed format (such as Medical & Technical Instructions, Race Manual) and which have been announced in the official website of the event.
- Access to the race course, and the areas at the start/finish of the event is not permitted under any circumstances, to non-registered runners.
- Every participant is obliged to fill in, on his/her own responsibility, the data required at the back side of his/her race bib, whether it is relevant to contact information, or personal medical data.
- Use of bicycle or other wheeled mean is not allowed on the race course, whether it is about a runner, or another accompanying person. In such case, the directly involved participant is excluded from the race and is called upon to withdraw from the event.
- Participants must follow all the local laws and regulations throughout the event.
- The use of headphones is strongly discouraged. If you must wear headphones, be extra-aware of your surroundings and make sure you can hear announcements as well as being aware of other participants around you.
- The official time is the time from the starting gunshot. The net time is the time from the moment the participant passes the mat at the start line, until he/she crosses the relevant mat at the finish line.
- The race classification results from the official finish time. The net and split time is announced only for the information of the runner.
- Tentative results will be published between 1 - 2 weeks after the race.
- After publication of tentative results, runners will be given 5 working days to inform of any issues with the results.
- Official timing will be published 8 weeks from the date of the race.
EXPO, Friday, 10 March 2023
All runners must collect their race kits (Tee shirt & Race Bib) from Maldives Running Expo.
Location of Expo will be emailed one week before the race.
0900 AM - 1100 AM - Maldives Running EXPO
1100 - 1430 Friday Prayer Break
0230 PM - 0600 PM - Maldives Running EXPO
Race Day Schedule
Saturday, 11 March 2023
0400 Marathon Village Open
0415 Reporting Time: Half Marathon 21.0975km, Fifteen K & Tough Ten
0515 Start Half Marathon 21.0975km
0545 Start Fifteen K & Tough Ten
0630 Reporting Time: Fun Run, KidsMile, Inline Skating and Wheelchair Race
0730 Start 5K Fun Run & Wheelchair Race
0830 Start Inline Skating 1KM& Inline Skating 5KM,
0900 Start KidSmile 3.2K, KidSmile 1.6K & KidSmile 800M
1030 Marathon Village Close.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Organizing Committee of the event has the right to change the terms and conditions regarding participation and staging of the event, without prior notice, by posting such a decision on the website.